Iowa Neurological Association Annual Meeting
Healthcare professionals who work in neurology.
Neurologists need to have and understand current delivery methods and treatment options for their patients. This conference will increase the knowledge of learners in multiple disease factors and delivery methods to improve the quality of care being given to their patients.
- Explore issues relating to advancing mind and brain health care across the region.
- Appreciate the advantages linking community members, practitioners, and researchers to build regional platforms for recruiting potential research subjects with neurological disorders.
- Describe the outcomes of a multi-specialty, multi-disciplinary, quality improvement project to improve care and team communication.
- Review the accuracy of different commercially available software in automatic seizure detection.
Movement Disorders and DBS: Patient Selection, Programming and Ongoing Research Projects
Christopher Groth, MD
Introduction to Neuroanatomy
Justin Sipla, PhD
DBS on Movement Disorders Patients
Jeremy Greenlee, MD
Neuro Imaging: Neuro-Radiologists
Harold Adams, MD
This lecture focuses on the interpretation of CT and MRI aimed at APP working in a neurologic practice.
Deep Brain Stimulation in Epilepsy
Gena Ghearing, MD
Automated Seizure Detection Accuracy for Ambulatory EEG Recordings
Karina Gonzalez Otarula, MD
Updates on Immune-Mediated Myelopathy
Lama Abdel Wahed, MD
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Harold Adams, MD, Speaker
- Eddie Clemons, DO, Planning Committee Member
- Michelle Dekker, Planning Committee Member
- Anil Dhuna, MD, FAAN, FAASM, Planning Committee Member
- Gena Ghearing, MD, Speaker
- Jeremy Greenlee, MD, Speaker
- Karina Gonzalez Otarula, MD, Speaker
- Christopher Groth, MD, Speaker
- Keith Kohout, DO, Planning Committee Member
- Autumn McGill, Activity Director and Planning Committee Member
- David Moore, MD, Planning Committee Member
- Rodney Short, MD, Planning Committee Member
- Justin Sipla, PhD, Speaker
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Lama Abdel Wahed, MD, Speaker - No financial relationships to disclose but does intend to discuss off-label uses of commercial products/devices.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Neurological Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 4.25 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 4.25 continuing education contact hour(s). Nurses must attend the entire session to receive credit. Partial session credit is prohibited and will be forfeited.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 4.25 AOA Category 2A
- 4.25 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 4.25 IBON