5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Summit
If you have questions, please contact Autumn McGill via email.
Learn from experts from across the state implementing 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! in schools, early care, out-of-school programs, health care clinics, and communities. Sessions focus on how to adopt strategies that support the healthy choice as the easy choice and create policy, system, and environmental changes within all sectors. This event will be held virtually due to COVID-19 health and safety measures.
- Discuss the implications of culturally responsive approaches on access, equity, and success of childhood health education.
- Integrate cultural-responsiveness and relevancy concepts into childhood health initiatives.
- Implement the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! campaign and encourage the healthy choice as the easy choice across sectors within a community.
- Demonstrate how local organizations can partner to improve community health and well-being for all residents.
- Collaborate with unique partners in your community that can execute 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! programming and share resources.
- Identify new ideas to increase physical activity and healthy eating in your community environment.
- Examine strategies to reduce, manage, or eliminate stress.
- Analyze how stress affects our minds and bodies.
- Discuss the "3-L" Strategy (Lifestyle Changes, Let Go, & Laugh).
- Brainstorm strategies on how to become more resilient in life
5-2-1-0 Summit At-A-Glance
- Keynote addresses from expert speakers on the topics of:
- Nutrition Security, Healthy Children & Communities
- Strategies to Refuel, Recharge, and Reduce Stress
- Interactive panel sessions covering topics including:
- Cultural Responsiveness and Relevancy in Childhood Health Initiatives
- Healthy H2OLoo: How Waterloo put 5-2-1-0 into Action
- Unlikely Partners: Who Can Help Elevate 5-2-1-0 in Your Community
- Activity breaks that support attendee wellness and align with the goals of 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count!
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and 5-2-1-0 Healthiest State Initiative. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 5.25 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 5.25 continuing education contact hour(s). Nurses must attend the entire session within each day to receive credit. Partial session credit is prohibited and will be forfeited.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the planning committee members and speakers have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 5.25 AOA Category 2A
- 5.25 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 5.25 IBON
Become a 5-2-1-0 Summit Sponsor!
Sponsors will have unique opportunities to network with attendees in the weeks leading up to the event as well as at the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Virtual Summit. Learn more about how you can support healthy environments for Iowa's youth! Learn more.
Become a 5-2-1-0 Summit Exhibitor!
We invite your organization to participate in the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Virtual Summit as an exhibitor in our Virtual Exhibit Hall. Exhibitors will have exclusive benefits and access to our 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Virtual Summit attendees. Learn more.