The course will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Learners will be required to pass a post-assessment with 80% and complete an evaluation.
This on-line course is open to DMU faculty, staff, and students only. You will not have access to the course and your enrollment will be deleted if you don't have permission to enter the course.
- Recognize the opportunities for proper hand washing.
- Understand the difference between washing with soap and water and using alcohol rubs.
Vickie Behrends, MS
Health and Safety Coordinator, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Ms. Behrends has no conflict of interests with commercial interests to disclose.
Date of original release: November 16, 2016
Most recent review/update: July 16, 2019
Termination date: July 15, 2022
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.25 CE Contact Hour(s)