Mental Health in the New Normal
- Describe the concept of normality and new normality.
- Define the concept of mental health.
- Recognize the factors that influence the mental state of people.
- Identify effective actions to maintain a good mental health.
Join us for other DMU Global Health mental health virtual lectures
September 16 Vital Connections: The Importance of Maintaining Relationships in a Pandemic
October 16 Death, Grief, and Compassion Fatigue
October 27 Cognitive Decline of Older Adults in Africa: How Do We Detect It?
November 5 Improving Access to Psychosocial Services in Low-and Middle-Income Countries
November 13 The Influence of Cultural Factors on Mental Health in Vietnam
November 16 Delivery of Mental Health Care in Rwanda After 1994 Genocide Against Tutsi
Miriam Osorio, MD
Faculty in Undergraduate Medical Programme, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Lima, Peru
Dr. Osorio had worked in the Hermilio Valizan Mental Health for 12 years in the acute hospitalization ward and in the psychiatric intensive care unit. Then, at the Guillermo Almanera Irigoyen Hospital for 5 years in the specialized outpatient office for psychiatry and emergency room, both located in Lima-Peru. She also attended training in Child Psychiatry at the Complutense University of Madrid and training in Child psychosis and Autism at the Autonomous University of Mexico. Dr. Osorio has a Master's Degree in Public Health that allows her to analyze threats to community health in a comprehensive way that is used for the field of research. She is currently a doctoral student in Neuroscience at the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos. To balance her medical training, she is certified in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Professional Advice and Counseling. She also enjoys Art History, Sculpture, and Yoga.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals have no financial conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose:
- Miriam Osorio - Speaker
- Sondra Schreiber, MA - Activity Director
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON
There is no cost to attend this virtual webinar. All interested healthcare professionals are invited to attend.