The History of Ketamine and Emerging Uses
All interested health professionals.
- Reflect on the history of ketamine.
- List emerging usages.
- Discuss expanding usage for pain and depression.
Daniel Moyse, MD
Pain Specialists of Iowa
- Medical School: Chicago Medical School
- Residency: Duke University
- Pain Medicine Fellowship: Duke University
- Board Certified in Anesthesia
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
Dr. Moyse indicated he has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Central Iowa Functional Medicine. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours