Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth
All interested health professionals.
- List three factors that can impact test results.
- State the role of the FODMAPS diet in managing SIBO symptoms.
- Discuss the impact of being on a FODMAPS diet long-term.
- Identify three areas that impact digestion and symptoms other than the bacteria overgrowth.
Lori Graff, RDN, LD, CPCC, AFAA
Ms. Graff has worked for over 20 years as a registered dietitian in the field of nutrition and specializing in gastrointestinal nutrition for more than 5 years. Her approach blends a conventional health care and nutrition background with the natural, science-based therapies of progressive Functional Medicine. As owner of Graff Integrative Health, she continues to be a trendsetter in blending functional medicine and energy health in resolving chronic conditions and creating health and vitality of her clients.
Ms. Graff indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Central Iowa Functional Medicine. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON