To PT or Not to PT? When to Add Physical Therapy Treatment to Usual Care for Plantar Fasciitis
Des Moines University faculty, staff, and students.
- Differentiate between physical therapy interventions and usual care for plantar heel pain.
- Describe the estimated outcomes of adding physical therapy treatment to usual care for plantar heel pain.
- Identify individuals likely to benefit from adding physical therapy treatment to usual care for plantar heel pain.
- Describe the clinical diagnosis of plantar heel pain.
Shane McClinton, PT., DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT, CSCS
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Clinic, Des Moines University
Assistant Professor, Post-Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, Des Moines University
- PhD Candidate: Orthopaedic and Sports Science Program – Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Provo, UT
- Fellowship: Manual Physical Therapy, Regis University, Denver, CO
- Post Professional Doctorate: Physical Therapy, Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy: Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours