Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Workshop
You must login or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Emergency ultrasound enables physicians to make rapid decisions, identify life-threatening conditions, and expedite the management of critical patients. Additionally, the length of stay in the emergency department dramatically decreases with the use of ultrasound, subsequently increasing patient satisfaction while maintaining an even higher standard of care. Its use extends beyond emergency providers and can improve patient outcomes in a multitude of settings. (Michalke, 2012)
This conference is designed to give the practicing Emergency Provider current information and hands-on training to improve image acquisition and interpretation of point of care ultrasound. Practicing emergency ultrasound experts will give presentations of each topic.
Musculoskeletal (MSK) Ultrasound Basics and Nerve Blocks
Joint Visualization, Tendinopathies, and Injections
Ultrasound Program Development and Administration Panel Discussion
|11 am||Wrap up and adjourn|
Speakers & Moderators
Tom Benzoni, DO, EM, AOBEM, FACEP
Emergency Department Staff Physician, UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Des Moines University
Clint Hawthorne, MD, FACEP
Medical Director, Emergency Department, UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Karin Howe, DO
Emergency Medicine, MercyOne Des Moines
Todd Sexton, DO
Emergency Medicine, UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Casey Woster, MD, RDMS
Regions Hospital Emergency Department and Residency Senior Faculty Physician
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals have no financial conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose:
- Tom Benzoni, DO, EM, AOBEM, FACEP - Planning committee member and speaker
- Kevin Carnevale, MD - Planning committee member
- Chase Deobald, DO - Planning committee member and moderator
- Clint Hawthorne, MD, FACEP - Activity director and speaker
- Karin Howe, DO - Planning committee member and speaker
- Nick Kluesner, MD - Planning committee member
- Todd Sexton, DO - Planning committee member and speaker
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual has a financial conflict with a commercial interest company to disclose:
- Casey Woster, MD, RDMS - Speaker: Consultant for Butterfly Network, Inc.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.5 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.5 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.50 AOA Category 1A
- 2.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.50 IBON
- All cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com.
- A nonrefundable administrative fee of $20 will be charged for all cancellations.
- No refunds will be given three (3) business days prior to the activity start date.
- Cancelled registrations can be transferred to another individual for the same activity.
- Individuals who fail to attend the activity (no-shows) will not receive any refund. Forfeited fees may not be applied to any other activity.
- If the activity is cancelled, a full refund will be applied to the original method of payment.