Developing Data Management Plans
To RSVP, please contact Mollie Lyon at Mollie.Lyon@dmu.edu or #1657.
Granting agencies have placed new emphasis on data sharing and dissemination. Investigators are expected to share with other researchers the primary data, samples, physical collections and other supporting materials created or gathered in the course of their funded work. This workshop is aimed at helping investigators develop strong data management plans for your grants in order to meet this new stringent requirement.
- Funding agency data management requirements.
- Data collection, organization, preservation and dissemination.
- Assessing adherence to the data management plan.
|11 am||Registration and Lunch|
|11:30 am||Developing Data Management Plans|
|12:30 pm||Questions & Answers|
Sarah Ott, MS
Senior Grants Consultant at Hanover Research
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Ms. Ott indicated she has no financial relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines' most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.5 continuing education contact hours.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.5 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
- 1.50 AOA Category 2A
- 1.50 CPME
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.50 CE Contact Hours