Iowa Colorectal Cancer Roundtable
Individuals and organizations working to increase colorectal cancer screening rates in Iowa
Welcome and Overview
Keynote Address: Link to Care
Increasing Screening through Employee Wellness Programs
|11:45 am||Iowa 80% by 2018 Awards Ceremony|
Add Water and Mix: Effectively Reaching Unscreened Audiences Using the 80% by 2018 Communications Guidebook and Facebook Advertising
|2:15 - 3:15 pm|
Focused Workgroup Meetings (Optional)
Durado Brooks, MD, MPH
Managing Director, Cancer Control Intervention, American Cancer Society
Dr. Brooks has worked for the American Cancer Society’s national headquarters since 2000. He is involved in the creation and implementation of strategies to improve the prevention and early detection of cancer and to reduce cancer disparities. He also serves as Deputy Editor of the Society’s peer-reviewed journal CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians.
A graduate of the Ohio State University and the Wright State University School of Medicine, Dr. Brooks completed his internal medicine residency and chief residency at Wright State’s Affiliated Hospitals in Dayton, Ohio. He completed the Commonwealth Fund/Harvard University Fellowship in Minority Health Policy in 1999 and holds a Master’s degree from the Harvard School of Public Health. Before joining the American Cancer Society Dr. Brooks practiced primary care medicine and served as medical director in community health centers in Ohio and in his current hometown of Dallas, TX. In 2015 Dr. Brooks was honored with the Prevent Cancer Foundation’s Laurel Award for National Leadership in cancer prevention and early detection.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Dr. Brooks has no financial relationships to disclose.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). DMU and the AOA approve this activity for 3.5 hour of Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 4.4 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 3.50 AOA Category 2A
- 3.75 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 4.40 IBON