College of Health Sciences Faculty and Staff Fall Advance
Des Moines University College of Health Sciences faculty and staff.
- Discuss useful information surrounding Des Moines University and the College of Health Sciences enterprise for ongoing programmatic success.
- Describe updates and advances in higher education to develop faculty and staff in their respective roles.
- Develop ideas and collaborate across programs for ongoing and future college initiatives.
All times listed are in Central Standard Time. The agenda is subject to change.
Welcome – Celebrating CHS Accomplishments
CHS Vision & Updates
Table Exercise - Mini SWOT
Each table will complete an analysis of the CHS's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Large flip charts will be provided at each table for recording discussions. Finally, we’ll reconvene together for a time of sharing and go around the room to discuss highlights from each table.
|10:00 am||Time of Sharing|
Wallace Boeve, EdD, PA-C (Facilitator)
|10:30 am||Development Breakout Activities|
Assessment, Evaluation, and Data Analysis, Oh My!
Leadership Exploration and Development (LEaD)
Self-Care for the Caregiver
|11:15 am||Repeat of Development Breakout Activities|
Wallace Boeve, EdD, PA-C
Angela L. Walker Franklin, PhD
Steven J. Halm, DO, FAAP, FACP
Ciara Lewis, PsyD, HSP
Amy Morris, PhD
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.25 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose:
- Wallace Boeve, EdD, PA-C - Activity Director and Speaker
- Steven J. Halm, DO, FAAP, FACP - Speaker
- Ciara Lewis, PsyD, HSP - Speaker
- Amy Morris, PhD - Speaker
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.25 AOA Category 1A
- 2.25 CE Contact Hour(s)