College of Health Sciences Faculty and Staff Fall Advance
Des Moines University College of Health Sciences Faculty & Staff
- Discuss useful information surrounding Des Moines University and the College of Health Sciences enterprise for ongoing programmatic success.
- Describe updates and advances in higher education to develop faculty and staff in their respective roles.
- Develop ideas and collaborate across programs for ongoing and future college initiatives.
All times listed are in Central Standard Time.
|8:30 am||Continental Breakfast|
Welcome – Celebrating CHS Accomplishments
|10 am||Time of Sharing|
|10:30 am||Development Breakout Activities|
The Latest in Technological Advances for Higher Education
Stepwise Approach to Successful Portfolio Submission
Effective Data Collection Processes for Scholarly Activities and Successful
Today’s Adult Learner and Best Instructional Approaches
|11:15 am||Repeat of Development Breakout Activities|
|12 pm||Boxed Lunches (Grab and Go or Social Time)|
Wallace Boeve, EdD, PA-C
Angela L. Walker Franklin, PhD
Dennis Culver, MS
Nehad El-Sawi, PhD
Brian Pinney, PhD
Martin Schmidt, PhD
Kathleen Weiss, PhD
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose:
- James Bartlett, speaker
- Wallace Boeve, EdD, PA-C, activity director and speaker
- Carlyn Cox, speaker
- Dennis Culver, MS, speaker
- Nehad El-Sawi, PhD, speaker
- Brian Pinney, PhD, speaker
- Martin Schmidt, PhD, speaker
- Kathleen Weiss, PhD, speaker
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.00 AOA Category 1A
- 2.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.00 IBON
This is a private course and registrations are not being accepted.