C.A.S.E. Approach to HPV Vaccine Hesitancy
- Articulate a strong recommendation for the HPV vaccine.
- Describe the four components to the C.A.S.E. approach.
- Demonstrate how to apply the C.A.S.E. approach in three scenarios of vaccine hesitancy.
Robert M. Jacobson, MD
Dr. Jacobson serves as the medical director for the Population Health Science Program at Mayo Clinic's Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery. He also leads Mayo's Employee and Community Health (ECH) Research Initiative. To improve patient health, the ECH initiative created a base of investigation for the study of population-based interventions. The Population Health Science Program will lead these investigations. The joint efforts will involve the direct participation of our community of patients and their families, our ECH consulting and allied health staff, and the Population Health Science Program.
Relevant to the content of the activity, Dr. Jacobson indicated he is a member of the Merck data monitoring and safety review committee.
Scenic Rivers AHEC
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the American Cancer Society, Inc. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours