All of Me: Prioritizing Sexual Health in Iowans Impacted by Cancer
Open to all interested health professionals.
Attendees will obtain the confidence to address sexual health issues, normalize the conversation while taking a sexual history, and set appropriate expectations for their patients.
- Obtain the confidence to address sexual health issues.
- Normalize the conservation while taking a sexual history.
- Set appropriate expectations for your patients.
Sexual History Taking Session: Facilitated Role Play Training with Simulated Oncology Patients
Treating Cancer-Related Sexual Dysfunction in Males
Treating Cancer-Related Sexual Dysfunction in Females
Putting it All Together: Setting Patient Expectations, Rewriting the Sexual Script
Veronika E. Kolder, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Erin Sullivan Wagner
After Cancer, Solutions for Sexual Health
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the speakers and planning committee members have no financial conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and After Cancer, Solutions for Sexual Health. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 4.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 4.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 4.00 AOA Category 2A
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 4.00 IBON
- 4.00 CE Contact Hour(s)