Adverse Childhood Experiences and the Pediatric Trauma Informed Guide
- Develop a basic understanding of the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study and the Iowa specific data.
- Review the framework for how adverse experiences lead to later health outcomes and risky behaviors.
- Discuss responses in the Pediatric Trauma Informed Guide
Lisa Cushatt, LMSW
Program Manager, Central Iowa ACEs 360
Ms. Cushatt indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Central Iowa ACEs 360. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurses: Des Moines University continuing education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hours. No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON