Making Weight: I Lost 25 Percent of my Body Weight but my Journey Continues
Two attendance options:
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Discuss the mental challenges to obesity and weight loss.
- Discuss the physical challenges to obesity and weight loss.
- List two social barriers to obesity and weight loss.
- List three economic barriers to obesity and weight loss.
- List two environmental barriers to obesity and weight loss.
- Describe the role physical therapists and other members of the healthcare team play in a patient’s physical transformation.
Daniel P. Finney
The Des Moines Register Metro Voice Columnist
For two years, Mr. Finney has successfully battled natural weight loss and faced a number of barriers within the health care system throughout his journey. Mr. Finney has documented his journey on his blog, Making Weight, where he shares with readers his battle to shed weight and regain control over his health. All are welcome to attend.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)