Adult Male with Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Present the case of a man with 6 years of pelvic pain.
- Students will learn how an underdiagnosed muscular condition that can be easily diagnosed with some training can help return a patient’s function significantly if treated properly.
- Students will learn the diagnostic and treatment procedures available for this muscular condition.
- Students will learn how Osteopathic Manual Medicine was also applied in helping alleviate this patient’s pain when combined with other medical procedures.
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy, Des Moines University
Jose S. Figueroa, DO
Assistant professor and clinician - Osteopathic Manual Medicine, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, the speakers indicated they have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Moore, D. C., Keegan, K. A., Resnick, M. J., Eisenberg, R., Holt, G. E., & Cookson, M. S. (2013). A 57-year-old Man With a History of Prostatectomy and Pelvic Irradiation Presents With Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections, Hematuria, and Pelvic Pain. Urology, 81(2), 221.
- Aboumarzouk, O. M., & Nelson, R. L. (2012). The use of pregabalin analgesia for patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Health.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours