Updates in Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity that serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession.
Physicians, Advance Practice Professionals, Nurses, Ancillary Staff, Medical Students (Rotating), Non-Medical Students (Rotating), and Healthcare Administrators.
- Review treatment algorithm for localized breast cancer.
- Review new advances in breast cancer treatment for both localized and metastatic disease.
Sonam Patel, MD
Oncology & Hematology, McFarland Clinic, Ames, IA
- ACLS/BLS Certified
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Lumbar Puncture with chemotherapy administration
- Ommaya Access with chemotherapy administration
- Medical Doctorate: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Internal Medicine Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Hematology/Oncology Fellowship: Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals, medical procedures, and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Sonam Patel, MD - Speaker
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
This program is supported by gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic, Availa Bank, and Green Hills Health Care Center. The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the sponsors of this program.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A