Total Ankle Replacement Seminar
If you have questions, email Iowa Ortho marketing.
- Discuss end-stage ankle arthritis.
- Identify why a total ankle replacement is a good option for patients.
- Recommend appropriate patients for a total ankle replacement.
JOSEPH F. GALLES JR., MD
Dr. Joseph Galles is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, specializing in the surgical treatment of foot and ankle disorders. He is originally from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and has been practicing since 1999. Dr. Galles’ brother, Dr. Kyle Galles, was also a surgeon at Iowa Ortho. Dr. Galles has conducted multiple research studies and has presented at several local and statewide medical events. He was previously named a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in orthopedic surgery, an honor bestowed by peer nomination, extensive research, and screening from Castle Connolly’s doctor-directed research team. Full biography.
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Specialists of Charleston; Charleston, SC
- Residency: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine; Springfield, IL
- Internship: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine; Springfield, IL
- Medical Degree: The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine; Iowa City, IA
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Ortho. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live, online activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Jaren Dudley - Moderator
- Joseph F. Galles, Jr., MD - Speaker
- Maddie Scott - Moderator
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON