Murphy’s Law: It Was Only a Bunion
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Develop a differential diagnosis for a patient experiencing swelling status post foot/ankle surgery.
- Apply in practice the steps in working up isolated elevated liver enzymes in an asymptomatic patient.
- Compare and contrast thrombosis and thromboembolism with respect to sites of involvement, risk factors, and resulting pathologic and clinical consequences.
Bret Ripley, DO
Chairperson – Family Medicine, Des Moines University
Robert Yoho, DPM, FACFAS
Dean – College of Podiatric Medicine, Clinician – Foot and Ankle, Des Moines University
Kevin Carnevale, MD
Academic pathologist – Microbiology and Immunology, Academic pathologist – Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences, Des Moines University
The speakers indicated they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 1.0 hour of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- DPM: Des Moines University is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a sponsor of continuing education in podiatric medicine. Des Moines University has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hours.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)