Diet Culture and Anti-Diet Culture: Health at Every Size?
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity that maintains, develops, or increases the knowledge, skills, professional performance, and relationships a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession.
Physicians, Advance Practice Providers, Nurses, Medical students (rotating), Non-medical students (rotating), and healthcare administrators.
- Recognize and mitigate anti-physician sentiment when clinically addressing obesity and body composition.
- Empathize with patients who struggle to establish recommended lifestyle changes.
- Discern between more effective and less effective interventions for modifying diet and activity.
- Review the efficacy and indications for GLP-1 medications and why they are in such high demand.
- Identify barriers and potential solutions in providing quality care for patients with diabetes and obesity.
Shane Hopkins, MD
Radiation Oncology, McFarland Clinic
Rachelle McCabe, DNP
Iowa Specialty Clinics
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals, medical procedures, and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following financial relationships with ineligible companies be disclosed.
- Shane Hopkins, MD, Speaker - Stocker owner in Eli Lilly
- Maria Alvarez, DIS, Speaker - None
- No Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee member who planned this activity has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
Gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic, and Availa Bank support this program. The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the sponsors of this program.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A