Pain in the Neck
Des Moines, IA US
November 6, 2014
- Recognize the patient presentation consistent with a Muscle Tension Headache.
- Understand a reasonable medical workup for new or worsening headaches.
- Describe the general anatomy of the posterior neck, superficial to deep, as it relates to the clinical presentation.
- Identify components of physical therapy examination for patients with Muscle Tension Headaches.
- Discuss physical therapy intervention for patients with Muscle Tension Headaches.
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy, Professor, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
- Bret Ripley, DO
Chairperson, Familiy Medicine Clinic, Des Moines University
- Shannon Petersen, PT, DScPT, OCS, FAAOMPT, COMT
Associate Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Clinic, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, the speakers indicated they have no financial relatiobships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Des Moines University
3200 Grand AvenueOlsen Center
Des Moines, IA 50312
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)