Older Adult Mental Health Training: Living with Dignity - Appropriate Aging Settings and Age-Friendly Communities
Join us for a five-part webinar series that will provide Iowa's healthcare professionals with a foundational understanding of normative aging issues, COVID-19 considerations, and strategies to promote equity and well-being for older adults.
Session Learning Objectives
- Learn about how the various living environments that older adults live in influences their mental health.
- Discuss ways to promote age-friendly communities.
Visit the links below to view the other sessions of the Older Adult Mental Health Training series.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Iowa State University. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 2.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit will be awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Barbra Brottman - Planning Committee Member
- Gloriana Fisher - Activity Co-Director
- Megan Gilligan, PhD - Activity Co-Director and Speaker
- Alicyn Reimer - Activity Coordinator
- Lila Starr - Planning Committee Member
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.00 AOA Category 2A
- 2.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.00 IBON