DMU Library Nerdfest: Faculty Focus - Endnote Desktop
You must login or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.
Once you're logged in, please click on the "ENTER" button to your right. Your attendance will then be confirmed.
Click here for additional faculty development courses.
EndNote is a web-based bibliography and database manager that allows you to create your own personal database by importing references from text files or online databases and other various sources. With EndNote you can also use these references to easily generate bibliographies (as well as in-text citations and footnotes) with easy-to-use Microsoft Word plugins. This class will provide an overview of all the key features of this resource.
By the end of class participants will be able to independently perform the following skills as indicated by the observation of the instructor and student’s self-assessment:
- Create an EndNote online account and install the EndNote desktop software
- Use Capture Reference browser plugin to capture a citation from a CDC website & PubMed
- Adding References to EndNote
- Capture references – PubMed
- Direct export – EBSCO
- Import PDF files
- Connection files
- Manage references
- Create groups and group sets
- Remove duplicate citations from within individual groups and globally across the EndNote library
- Share groups
- Save shared citations into personal EndNote libraries
- Utilize Cite While You Write in Microsoft Word
- Insert citations
- Insert a bibliography
- Change styles between APA and another style
- Create and remove a bibliography
- Identify where to change output styles
- Identify how to back up an EndNote library
- Identify the library’s guide to EndNote (https://lib.dmu.edu/db/endnotedesktop) to access further training materials
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines' most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Digital Resources Librarian, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Mr. Murdock indicated he has no financial relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hours.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 CPME