Thank you for submitting your abstract!
Please Note These Important Dates
- Abstract submission: Friday, July 12 at 12 pm
- Notification of oral presentations: Friday, July 12 at 5 pm. If your abstract is not selected, you are encouraged to display a poster. As a reminder, if you're selected to give a lightning presentation, you are also requested to display a poster.
- Poster submission to the DMU print shop: Tuesday, July 16 by 3 pm. Download the print shop order form.
- If you have not done so already, please register for the program.
Research abstracts must be submitted under one of the following categories:
- Biomedical Science
- Movement Science
- Public Health
All abstracts will be published in the meeting program. View an abstract example.
- Format: Microsoft Word format
- Font: Arial, 11 point
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides
- Spacing: Single-spaced
- Justification: Left
- Abstract body length: No more than 250 words
- Type the title first, using sentence casing (only first word and proper nouns capitalized).
- Italicize scientific names of organisms.
- List all authors, institutional affiliations and short addresses (city and state only).
- Bold the names of the author(s) presenting the work.
Consider the Following Questions When Preparing Your Abstract.
- Does the abstract clearly state the aim of the project (i.e. a research question, theoretical issue, or problem)?
- Is the significance of work clearly stated?
- If relevant, are the methods, data collection, and analysis procedures well-designed and appropriate to the question addressed?
- Are the conclusions justified in relation to the data and/or analysis/description?
- Is the abstract written clearly and organized well?
Keynote oral presenters will be contacted on Friday, July 12 at 5 pm. If your abstract is not selected to give a keynote presentation, you may be requested to give a lightning presentation.
Lightning oral presenters will be contacted on Friday, July 12 at 5 pm. Lightning presenters are also requested to display a poster.
All poster presentations are accepted. As a reminder, posters must be sent to the DMU print shop by Tuesday, July 16 by 3 pm. Download the print shop order form.
If you have been accepted into a graduate program but the school year has not started, please select "undergraduate"
For Des Moines University faculty or student research involving humans or animals, please provide the Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) ID number under which this research project was carried. If an ID was not assigned please explain:
I confirm the work submitted is my own and all co-authors have given written permission for me to present the research at the educational activity. I also acknowledge that research projects are not a solo activity. I confirm that all mentors, preceptors, researchers, and/or institutions are included on my abstract and/or poster.