Library Appy ½ Hour
Once you're logged in, click the green "ENTER" button found in the Course Summary box to the right. Your registration will then be confirmed.
This course is part of the Des Moines University Library Nerdfest Series.
Des Moines University faculty and staff.
This class will introduce you to the key elements you & your students need to know to help you accomplish your clinical, research, and educational goals. All library resources are available from your tablet or phone. This class will cover the various technology issues related to off campus and mobile access as well as provide hands on opportunities to utilize the specific apps available for download from the library.
By the end of class participants will be able to independently explain key concepts and/or perform the following skills as indicated by the observation of the instructor and student’s self-assessment:
- Describe the mobile access environment at the DMU library
- Define responsive design
- Describe individual vs. institutional access
- Identify the library resources that provide separate app access. Download the following apps:
- Identify how to locate further training materials from the DMU library at: http://lib.dmu.edu/e/mobile
Rebecca Hines, MLIS
Education Librarian, Des Moines University
Ms. Hines indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this live activity for a maximum of 0.5 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.5 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 0.50 AOA Category 1A
- 0.50 CPME
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)