Head Injury Rehabilitation
This event is part of the DMU Grand Rounds Series.
- Describe various types of traumatic brain injury and common physical, cognitive and behavioral deficits.
- Review current epidemiological information and be able to outline the most common causes of traumatic brain injury.
- Describe the patient's continuum of care after traumatic brain injury from emergency services to home re-entry.
- Identify factors that contribute to the rehabilitation and recovery of a person following traumatic brain injury.
- Describe the responsibilites of the most common professional services associated with traumatic brain injury survival and rehabilitation.
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Thomas Green, DO, MPH, FACOEP, FACEP
Associate Dean, COM Clinical Affairs, Des Moines University
- Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy, Des Moines University
- Drew Lewis, DO
Associate Professor, Osteopathic Manual Medicine, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, the speakers indicated they have no financial relatiobships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.20 IBON