Primary care physicians, nurses, mental health professionals, substance use disorder professionals, or clinic staff who support behavioral health services.
- Describe and identify the most common dissociative disorders.
- Describe how dissociation might present in a primary care setting.
- Identify the most common treatment approaches for dissociative disorders.
Janice Landy, MD
Adult Psychiatry, UnityPoint Health
- Medical School: University of Iowa College of Medicine - Iowa City, IA
- Residency: University of New Mexico School of Medicine - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live, online activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 1.5 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.5 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Julie Baker, MPA, CHCEF - Planning Coordinator and Moderator
- Kristi Barslou - Activity Coordinator and Moderator
- Tiffany Conroy, Moderator
- Bery Engebretsen, MD - Planning Committee Member
- Nicolas Foss, MS, IADC, BACC, ICGC-II - Planning Committee Member and Speaker
- Nicole Gastala, MD - Planning Committee Member
- Danielle O’Brien, CRC - Planning Committee Member
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
- Janice Landy, MD - Planning Committee Member and Speaker, Intends to discuss the off-label use of products
- Andrea Storjohann MSN, ARNP, PMHNP-BC, CADC - Planning Committee Member, Intends to discuss the off-label use of products
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.50 AOA Category 2A
- 1.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.50 IBON