DXA: The Gold Standard for Bone Densitometry
Des Moines, IA US
November 8, 2012
“Every 20 seconds someone in the United States breaks a bone as a result of osteoporosis.”
- Osteoporosis Facts
- Your DXA-Discovery A
- Radiation Dose
- Why DXA?
- Who is at risk?
- BMD & VFA (Vertebral Fracture Risk Assessments)
- Osteoporosis, BMD and T-scores
- New Treatment Recommendations
- Identify patients at risk of fracture.
- Clarify the use of T and Z-Scores according to the International Society of Clinical Densitometry’s Guidelines.
- Utilize the World Health Organization’s 10-Year Absolute Fracture Risk Assessment Tool, i.e. FRAX.
- Demonstrate how DXA Body Composition measurements can be used clinically.
Joyce M. Paucek, BSEE
Osteoporosis and MRI Sales Specialist, Hologic
Des Moines University
3200 Grand AvenueLecture Hall 2
Des Moines, IA 50312
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)