Closing the Loop: Review and Reflection
This course is part of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Master Medical Educator Series.
“Just as athletes wanting to improve their skills must identify personal strengths and weaknesses, set goals, and engage in focused practice to meet those goals, teachers must also examine their practices, set goals, and use focused practice and feedback to achieve those goals. These reflective practices are essential to the development of expertise in teaching.”
- Robert J. Marzano, Becoming a Reflective Teacher, 2012
- Combine knowledge of various review tools with strategies to help focus practice and growth.
- Discuss ways DMU can assist in this process.
Kerry Gregoryk, PhD
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Gregoryk indicated she has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University Continuing Medical Education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.20 IBON