Medical Students: From Clinical Rotations to Residency and the Role a Preceptor Plays
Once you're logged in, please click on the "ENTER" button to your right. Your attendance will then be confirmed.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
DMU preceptors and clinical instructors.
- Discuss the key aspects of feedback as it relates to a student evaluation.
- Explain how DMU uses faculty evaluation of a student’s performance.
- Discuss the importance and utility of the PxDx logs as they relate to student performance and practice.
- Explain the important changes to the ERAS LOR system and how it impacts preceptors.
- Discuss how evaluations and LORs impact a student’s ability to get the residency they want.
- Thomas Green DO, MPH, FACOEP, FACEP
Associate Dean, COM Clinical Affairs; Associate Professor, Family Medicine, Des Moines University
- Kara Thompson, DO, MA
Assistant Dean, COM Clinical Affairs, Des Moines University
- Nikki Hook, BA
Student/Graduate Medical Education Coordinator, COM, Des Moines University
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)