Blood Pressure Medication
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
Professional Practice Gap
Effective therapy of hypertension in general practice remains elusive. Control rates in the hypertension clinic at May Clinic are very high. Information will be provided to narrow that gap.
- Review current treatment goals for systolic & diastolic blood pressure.
- Contemplate if there is one "best" drug for hypertension.
- Understand if starting combination therapy is important based on evidence.
John Graves, MD
Hypertension & Nephrology, Mayo Clinic
- Dr. Graves has nothing to disclose regarding financial relationships with any commercial entities, commercial companies providing support for this program, or any commercial manufacturers of products and/ or the providers of services discussed in this presentation.
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- No members of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Dr. Burrough, have any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A